Bye bye Squidoo, Seth Godin sells out to HubPages

By : Administrator
Published 19th August 2014 |
Read latest comment - 20th August 2014

Read with interest on Search Engine Land that Squidoo will soon be no more as the best of it's content and all traffic will be directed to former rival Hubpages.

Struggled to get on with Squidoo personally, never really got to grips with the whole "lenses" thing, but a lot of people swore by it, and to be fair we get a quite a bit of traffic from Squidoo where we have obviously been mentioned in various articles. Always been a fan of Seth Godwin though, he does write some amazing content and come out with some great one liners.

As for Hubpages, other than having an occasional glance, I've never really given it a go and first impressions were articles appeared spammy and low quality.

So do we have any regular squidoo's, or are they called squids? Does anyone use either platform for marketing, and have you seen any results?

It seems in recent times, it's harder and harder if you want to write content to market your services, with the demise of article networks, guest blogging networks under threat, and now content hubs merging. Maybe it's Googles master plan to get us all onto Google Plus 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Yes, I also got mail from Squidoo regarding this. Bad news.

work related stress claims

Yes, I also got mail from Squidoo regarding this. Bad news.

So are you a regular Squidoo user? Why the bad news, if you're content was good enough quality, then it should be moved over to Hubpages. Or are you not impressed with Hubpages?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments