Contacting my Royal Mail Local Delivery Office

By : Forum Regular
Published 21st July 2014 |
Read latest comment - 7th June 2023

Contacting your Local Delivery Office

Unfortunately, you can no longer visibly see any contact details for your local delivery office from the Royal Mail website. 

We still have a lot of numbers listed for local delivery offices on this site (as well as reviews and feedback), which can be found here:

Royal Mail Delivery Offices - Simply search for your area.

But for all the offices that no longer have a direct number, or for those we have been asked to remove the phone details, your only option is to go to the general customer services phone number: 0345 740 740

Please note, I AM NOT an employee of Royal Mail, I have simply collated some contact information for you. Please do not ask me for any further information as I will be unable to respond to those emails.

Dr.Data
Comments

The Royal Mail automated helpline is one of the most unhelpful numbers I've ever had the displeasure to call. 

I simply wanted to speak to someone at my local sorting office and it took 25 minutes to get through to an actual person on the so called "helpline"who then gave me (what they said was) my local sorting office number, I called the number and there was a message saying that "this number is no longer in use" I wasted over half an hour of my day trying to perform what should have been an easy task, all because of the ridiculous automated Royal Mail helpline!

MeAgain

MISS DELIVERIES

DELIVERIES TO OLIVER HOUSE HALL ST CHELMSFORD

SOME OF OUR FIRST CLASS POST IS TAKING 10 -15 DAYS

ROYAL MAIL ARE DELIVERING DAILY TO WRONG ADDRESSES IN SAME STREET

WE GET DELIVERIES EACH DAY FOR OTHER PEOPLE, WHICH I TEND TO RE-DELIVERY BY FOOT

DOING ROYAL MAILS JOB FOR THEM

IT IS CRAZY WE ARE MISSING OUR POST BECAUSE THE POST PERSON DOES NOT CHECK THE ADDRESS CORRECTLY

tonyf

I have to agree with the shocking automated system the royal mail provide.  I have entered details and finally get to the end after 20 mins and then been cut off.  Had horrible customer services telephone conversation which took 15 mins and a lot of navigating to just get to speak to someone and then i get a rude non listening person.  

What is going on with this awful dire service.  I just wanted to contact my local delivery collections depot which is even listed on an official address.  No direct numbers, no human to speak to and lots of pain and aggrevation.  No wonder this country has gone to the dogs our once beloved royal mail is more like royal rubbish.  

Do not get me started on some of the postmen/women we are recently having....better stop my rant here! 

I am a very capable tech savvy and business minded individual and I struggled with this tosh of a contact system, my mother has no chance and I dare say most elderly people would have major issues if not impossible for them to get through to anyone or understand this garbage.  

leetronix

Can someone please explain to me why when you phone the Royal Mail Customer Services phone number you get the first 30 second of the recorder message in Welsh!!! Less than 20% of the population speak Welsh so why is this the first language that is used.

Nick

Can someone please explain to me why when you phone the Royal Mail Customer Services phone number you get the first 30 second of the recorder message in Welsh!!! Less than 20% of the population speak Welsh so why is this the first language that is used.

I was naturally curious, so just phoned it and it was a female BBC World Service style English speaker. No sign of Welsh. Maybe it's regional? 

Angela
My views & opinions are my own

Having waited about twenty minutes I managed to get through and speak to someone. Unfortunately, they told me they would have to redirect me to another department. I waited a further ten minutes only to find I had been cut off.

The service is now none existent on royal mail and I agree with a previous post we should now call them 'royal rubbish'.

REG77