Farnborough Airshow 2014 - office day out!

By : Administrator
Published 21st July 2014 |
Read latest comment - 21st July 2014

For any plane buffs, we had an office day out at Farnborough on Sunday, primarily to see the mighty Vulcan doing it's stuff, and also to see the new super duper carrier plane the UK is supposed to be buying. But it never turned up as it broke

But a great day out, and a chance to try out my amateur photographer skills, as well as an excuse to upload some video on the forum

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Cracking day out - even managed to catch some sun, ive got a wonderful tan line on my face from wearing sunglasses all day 

Steve has captured some amazing photos above - is there no end to his talent?

Clive

Ok curiosity has got the better of me..... How did you take the photograph of the Airbus and the Red Arrows? Or did you do a fly past in your private jet?

Thanks,
Barney

Ok curiosity has got the better of me..... How did you take the photograph of the Airbus and the Red Arrows? Or did you do a fly past in your private jet?

The starter motor packed up in the Gulfstream, so had to rough it in the limo 

Going to be honest and confess. I was standing amongst all sorts of nerds and weirdos with telephoto lenses taller than me, all jostling for position on the flight line, and I felt inadequate 

I recently bought the missus a camera for her birthday, a Fuji Finepix SL1000, as she fancies doing a bit of photography, but like me knows nothing about it. Looking at the reviews, this camera pretty much does it all for you, has a 50x zoom, but is a bride camera, so none of this changing lenses. Is basically between a compact camera and a proper one.

It has great button, which pretty much says "you are camera incompetent, let me automatically adjust all settings for whatever situation you are pointing at".

So the images of the Red Arrows and the Airbus are simply at a high zoom taken at distance. I spent the night before reading the manual, as the last camera I used was my iPhone. So genuinely chuffed with the results! But shows with these modern cameras, anyone can do it!

Here's a pic of a Connie landing used at maximum zoom and a couple of more zoom shots.

That's it, I'm off to set up as a free lance photographer. 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments