Public Sector Strikes

By : Forum Member
Published 10th July 2014

You couldnt escape from the main News today being the mass walk out of Public Sector Workers.

Their grip? Well as usual its about pay & pensions. Many are unhappy that they haven't had a pay rise for 3 or 4 years - unless they have been comatosed for the last few years, many of us in the Private Sector havent had a pay rise either due to a little thing called the RECESSION.

We all work hard, yet we ALL face bigger shopping bills, higher taxes, higher fuel costs etc.

If i didnt turn up for work from striking i wouldn't get paid and i'd probably lose my job!

I'm very fortunate that i love my job, as im sure a large percentage of those that are striking today, but you cannot just insist on a payrise when there is no money in the kitty - where is that going to come from? Yes we all have to work longer in our old age, why should it be different for them? 

Ive said it time & time again, if you dont like your job, go and do something else.

Im fortunate that my youngest sons school isn't striking, (the oldest is off after taking exams) so it actually doesnt affect me but i bet many of you are stuck at home or face problems battling through crowded City Centres whilst trying to go about your normal daily routines.

Good luck on what is to be a hectic emotional day for all 

Clive
Comments
This Thread is now closed for comments