How many hours a week do you work?

By : Administrator
Published 20th May 2014 |
Read latest comment - 21st September 2014

A lot of people think running your own business is the secret to a work life balance and flexibility.

This can be true, but it can also be a lot harder than people anticipate to grow your business, generate leads, marketing etc, as well as looking after your customers, dealing with enquires...

So on average, how many hours a week do you spend running or marketing your business?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Far too many!!

We are coming up to our busiest time of year, have secured new commercial clients for future work, brilliant... just what every business wants!

With such a high rate of unemployment  you would think it would be easy to find people who actually want to work wouldn't you?

Oh no, you would think we were asking for a rocket scientist.

It seems nobody needs to work these days so if we want the work done, we do it our self.

I would say it varies between 70 and 90...... On the minimum wage too...

Thanks,
Barney

When should I stop working?

I guessing I do an extra 10 to 20 hours each week.

Pete

Kind regards
Pete England

Varies but say about 50 to 60 hrs a week  

Shakester

Interesting but expected responses.

I'll confess to scaling mine right back, (under orders from the missus) and now being nearly a 9 - 5'er after years of doing obscene hours.

I'll sometimes do some stuff in the evening or on a weekend, but mainly adhoc sat slobbing in front of the goggle box, and it's normally just fun stuff, like forum posting, facebook, blog comments, or SEO education. Which lets face it, isn't work 

It's a hard balance as I think a business can consume you if you let it, but it's probably this attitude that makes you stand out from a typical employee, who downs tools and switches off until Monday morning.

Anyone else working daft hours?

Steve Richardson

I'm tethered to my desk 8.45 - 5 and maybe do an hour or 2 over the odd weekend but its what you fit in to those hours that counts 

Clive

This may be of interest. Found  in The Week

What do the world's most successful people have in common?

Kind regards
Pete England

This may be of interest. Found  in The Week

What do the world's most successful people have in common?

There we go then, we're about right 

"Sixty to 65 hour work weeks were not uncommon."

Steve Richardson

Running my Unit in the Shopping Centre i would have not a single day off unless it was Half Term and 'er indoors did a couple of days.

So my working hours were 50-60 consecutive days then a couple off then 50-60 consecutive days.

Now i'm out of the Centre and online, i am staring at the laptop between 08:00-22:30 7 days a week minus breaks for food, drink and the other!

Thanks,
Kempres

This Thread is now closed for comments