Are you one of the 6 in 10 Brits that are sleep deprived?

By : Forum Member
Published 4th April 2014 |
Read latest comment - 8th April 2014

Seems as a Nation we aren't getting our 8 hours sleep, well at least 28million of us arent!

Are you one of those that doesn't get a full 8 hours, is that by choice or do you need less?

Personally less than 6-7 hours i'm cranky, but I can sustain around 5 days with only 4 or 5 hours, then I flake out but the leading question is how productive is one with too little sleep.

I think Maggie (Thatcher) famously ran the Country during her reign on 3 or 4 hours if memory serves and she certainly didn't do too bad a job (depending on your red/blue colour of course)

I wonder how many man hours a day are lost due to unproductive staff suffering with sleep deprivation ? 

MSN - 6 in 10 Britons 'sleep deprived'

Clive
Comments

Indeed I am, had problems for the last 2 years or maybe longer, working unsocial hours certainly dosen't help, neither does sitting in front of a computer late at night answering emails or blogging I find it just ends up sending the brain into overdrive. Working for myself I found that my brain was constantly scrambled trying to juggle too much into a day, realisticaly you cannot do it all without help from others. I think if you end up depriving yourself of sleep it will eventually effect your health all round. I was going to bed around 2am in the morning nod off around 3am and then up around 6am...... I was either going to get sectioned or an early grave, certainly could not go on like it, in the end I got others involved to deal with all the clerical and telephones and took a step back from the business.... have to say it was the best thing I could have done.... 

Thanks,
Barney

Normally average between 5 - 6 hours a night. As long as I get a coffee bump start in the morning, I'm all right.

Think it is the curse of being a business owner, and interesting seeing Barneys response. Suspect it will catch up sooner or later 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I would love to have 8 hours but my kids have other plans

Thanks,
Pubby

I would love to have 8 hours but my kids have other plans

Ah - bear with it, eventually gets better, or was that when i got divorced 

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments