Video Marketing - Youtube is more popular than you think.

By : Forum Moderator
Published 22nd March 2013 |
Read latest comment - 16th September 2014

I found an interesting post from the guardian about YouTube, and that apparently it now gets a billion unique visitors a month.

YouTube has a billion unique users visiting the video-sharing website every month, equivalent to one out of every two people on the internet

Thanks,
Dreamraven
Comments
Firstly it has to be a high quality video, which if possible contains similar keywords to already successful youtube videos, in the hope that you will ultimately be able to rank alongside them.

Once the first part is done it's really all about creating links and driving traffic to your video.

UK US Marketing

I have promoted on YouTube MANY times over the years and it is a great source of traffic. People forget that it is the third biggest site in the world traffic wise, only topped by Google and Facebook.

It also provides a unique opportunity to rank the YouTube videos for keywords in Google which would be much harder to rank a standard website listing for.

Jamie-Anderson.com

I have promoted on YouTube MANY times over the years and it is a great source of traffic. People forget that it is the third biggest site in the world traffic wise, only topped by Google and Facebook.

It also provides a unique opportunity to rank the YouTube videos for keywords in Google which would be much harder to rank a standard website listing for.

Great point - didn't know it had that much traffic. Definitely time well spent.

Scintillion

It is a great source of traffic if you can create great videos. However, creating really good and interesting videos is very time consuming or costly.

Ryan

For video marketing you-tube is the best option, it gives you a instant views, traffic to you site.

dianafox789

With more than six billion viewers across the world, it is the leading marketing strategy. There are lots of video uploading sites these days and even ads themselves already make use of videos as a means of getting products and businesses marketed online. Video market has the great capability to attract and hold the attention of the viewer.

jennymathew

We also utilise You Tube for marketing with great results. To make our animations we used a company called 'Sparkol'. Pretty cool software that lets you make animated explainer vids and really cheap. If I remember correctly it's something like

CommissionCrowd

To make our animations we used a company called 'Sparkol'. Pretty cool software that lets you make animated explainer vids and really cheap.

I would also recommend using something like 'Screen-Cast-Omatic- to record your screen if you have an online website that performs a function, or if you want to demo your product or service using powerpoint.

Two great resources for the videos I'm soon to be making, thank you!

Thanks,
Eva

I haven't used YouTube as a marketing avenue myself, but I have seen so many business that have I think you would be completely remiss if you ignored it. There are a lot of ways that you could use it as a boost to your business.

Layla

This Thread is now closed for comments