I

By : Forum Member
Published 26th March 2018 |
Read latest comment - 17th August 2018

hi steve and the gang (if you’ve grown) I took myself away after being here last time and feeling frustrated at just how much goes into running a decent website let alone any kind of online business. Ok so I’m back I have a nice go to website htttps://www.collectibulldogs.com it has its Ts n Cs privacy policy and even

Thanks,
ave
Comments

Hi Ave,

Can I ask if you are Digital Wulf and if you yourself created the website, or whether you paid someone to do it for you?

Just a few points on your website if I may?

Home Page:

Your logo needs to be bigger.

The space between the hero slider at the top of the main page and the next section is not big enough to have a parallax background in it.  The parallax doesn't do anything for your site.  You would be better off ditching it entirely.

Your text headers, specifically font weights are all over the place.  Bring them in line and make them the same for better reading.

Your body font size is too small and needs to be increased to aid in reading too.

Other things...

You have lower case and capitalised menu items - not a good idea

Your About Me page has capatalised paragraphs!  Not seen that in a long time - also not a good idea I am afraid.

The copy (text) needs editing for grammar and spelling as well as composition.  You have a lot of text, which is not a bad thing in itself, you just need to work on how to present it better.

There are lots of issues with regards to layout and overall user experience which I feel really need looking at, not to mention the tweaks needed for mobile responsiveness.

I think you really could have a great site there, it just needs a bit more work doing to it.

If you want to have a chat about it, feel free to drop me a private message.

Regards,
Simon_G

Hello Ave,

I remember you! Welcome back!

Hello Ave,

I remember you! Welcome back!”

Thanks,
ave

Hi there.

Welcome back to the forum .I've havn't really been active on the site either for a while and more so in the last 2 weeks , but I wont hijack your post about it lolol

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Hi there.

Welcome back to the forum .I've havn't really been active on the site either for a while and more so in the last 2 weeks , but I wont hijack your post about it lolol”

Nice to see you around again too Andy! 

Good to see you're doing alright Ave. Your twitter page is storming along!!

Your website has evolved as well. You've taken over a niche and are passionate about it, so keep going. If you can monetise it in the future, even better. If not, just have fun and keep being the bulldog collector go to person 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hi Steve Collectibulldogs just won it’s second award I’m having trouble posting picture but we now an official approved website for genuine content and guest blogs hope your well 

English bulldog collectibles
Bulldog Blog

Hi Ave,

Can I ask if you are Digital Wulf and if you yourself created the website, or whether you paid someone to do it for you?

Just a few points on your website if I may?

Home Page:

Your logo needs to be bigger.

The space between the hero slider at the top of the main page and the next section is not big enough to have a parallax background in it.  The parallax doesn't do anything for your site.  You would be better off ditching it entirely.

Your text headers, specifically font weights are all over the place.  Bring them in line and make them the same for better reading.

Your body font size is too small and needs to be increased to aid in reading too.

Other things...

You have lower case and capitalised menu items - not a good idea

Your About Me page has capatalised paragraphs!  Not seen that in a long time - also not a good idea I am afraid.

The copy (text) needs editing for grammar and spelling as well as composition.  You have a lot of text, which is not a bad thing in itself, you just need to work on how to present it better.

There are lots of issues with regards to layout and overall user experience which I feel really need looking at, not to mention the tweaks needed for mobile responsiveness.

I think you really could have a great site there, it just needs a bit more work doing to it.

If you want to have a chat about it, feel free to drop me a private message.”

Hi there no I’m not didgetal Wulf although I do know them and I didn’t make this website I made the mess that was the first one, my website does need on page Seo I understand that and the mistakes picked out are of course true but as I do not make money from showcasing my website I cannot afford Seo services except for my friends free off page service. 

English bulldog collectibles
Bulldog Blog

This Thread is now closed for comments