Who works at the weekends?

By : Forum Moderator
Published 10th November 2017 |
Read latest comment - 4th April 2018

I have lots to do this weekend, I'm a Mum to two small ones so I don't get heaps of time to work in the week and when I have a big job on the go I have to work weekends. I'm looking for some solidarity, who else is working this weekend? I will definitely need lots of tea and biscuits to get me through!

Comments

I used to work weekends ,well since I arrived here in 1998 , worked every third weekend .Since I lost that 1 and got my new job I don't and i can tell you it is utter bliss not to have to work on weekends anymore and I think I would rather turn a job down now than work again.. 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Sadly I don't have much choice as it's that and evenings mostly, while my children are still young! Childcare is extortionate and I'm passionate about being there for them as much as I can. Might give myself Christmas Day off though

I was a teacher and always worked weekends, both to catch up for the past week and to 'get ahead' for the following week.

Now I am a florist with my own flower shop. I work 6 days a week but always take off a Sunday and won't do any work, even if it means finishing off paperwork in the evenings the following week. There are a few days in the year, Mothering Sunday and wedding fairs that I can't get away with it though and have to open up or go out to work.

I think Christmas Eve this year will be busy. It falls on a Sunday.

Saturdays are very variable depending on the time of year, whether we have a wedding or event on; sometimes our shop is crazy on a Saturday, other times it's quiet. If I don't think I will have much on, I arrange to meet with brides to discuss their weddings so I don't feel angry that I am giving u my precious time.

I hope the meets with brides went well Izzy, not that you'll be looking at this work based forum until Monday now 

I didn't get as much done as I wanted as family life is busy at times and I have all 4 kids here this weekend so Sunday will not be a day of rest for me!

I don't work on weekends, It's my time for my family except if there's an urgent task that I have to finish.

redstone

I don't work on weekends, It's my time for my family except if there's an urgent task that I have to finish.”

I'm very jealous!! I have to until my children are old enough for school!

I used to work weekends, mainly Sunday evening, catching up for the week ahead, along with most evenings  But I try and make it the exception now rather than the rule.

When working all week, for me proper downtime and family time is more important 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I used to work weekends, mainly Sunday evening, catching up for the week ahead, along with most evenings  But I try and make it the exception now rather than the rule.

When working all week, for me proper downtime and family time is more important 

I definitely don't work for the sake of it and make sure I get days without work when I can, the nature of my work means if something big is due then I just have to power through and work every spare hour. When the kids are older it'll be different.... Probably. Haha

I'm very jealous!! I have to until my children are old enough for school!

Don't you mean until they fly the nest

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments