Starting a blogging sindacate

By : Forum Member
Published 14th January 2017 |
Read latest comment - 2nd February 2017

hi all 

for reasons I think I'm not allowed to make public here (nothing bad) I'm finding it very hard to either start up a blogging sindacate and / or get guest bloggers to come guest on the website and vice versa. If anyone has any ideas or MLS doesn't mind whom ever having a one to one chat I could explain a bit more. Thank you 

English bulldog collectibles
Bulldog Blog
Comments

Hey Eiffion, have you tried surfing the internet for different ideas for blog posts? There are some great websites that really help you get started when beginning in the blog world. 

http://www.localvisibilitysystem.com/2014/01/16/100-practical-ideas-for-small-business-blog-posts/  This website was very useful for me so take a look. 

You need something that is going to attract a wide target audience, the trick is to not just always write for one particular audience. Also do you have any social media pages for your business? If you have, make sure you are sharing your blog posts on to them as this will encourage a lot more engagement. 

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team

Unfortunately there has been a lot of scaremongering in recent times when it comes to blogging. Google said it would crack down on spammy guest posts, then some SEO "experts" declared the end of guest blogging, or prophesied the end of blogging in general.

It's all cobblers as long as you remember it's about quality and relevance. If you have a blog about ice cream, then having someone guest blog about Forex trading is clearly spam. Likewise if your blog is nothing more than a collection of guest blogs of varied subjects, then that looks more like an article directory of yesteryear.

But having occasional on topic and good quality guest posts on your blog are absolutely fine. Problem is finding them. 

Assuming your blog is about bulldogs, then you need to become the go to resource about bulldogs. Invite other bulldog experts to do a post, maybe breeders talking about things to look out for in puppies. Maybe you could invite a vet or expert to write about typical health conditions of the breed. Can you contact any competition winners, past and present. Maybe they could write about the excitement of winning a trophy, or telling owners how to go about showing for themselves.

If its your blog, keep control of the content and direction. Once you have obtained credibility and and popularity, people will naturally approach you and ask if you can publish their posts.

No magic bullet, just hard work reaching out and forging contacts, but use social media to find your target audience and approach them. Worse they can say is no

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hey Eiffion, have you tried surfing the internet for different ideas for blog posts? There are some great websites that really help you get started when beginning in the blog world. 

http://www.localvisibilitysystem.com/2014/01/16/100-practical-ideas-for-small-business-blog-posts/  This website was very useful for me so take a look. 

You need something that is going to attract a wide target audience, the trick is to not just always write for one particular audience. Also do you have any social media pages for your business? If you have, make sure you are sharing your blog posts on to them as this will encourage a lot more engagement. ”

Hi there ma'am 

yes I have been online I also get ideas from my web designer on how best to implement this and so far I have a few folk I can rely on for a guest blog but never asked to reciprocate. Collectibulldogs is young and I have the help of Brighton museum so being niche and with their help hopefully something will come of this. Collectibulldogs is not a business I'm aiming to got a social enterprise route. 

Im on many social medias but for reasons I cannot explain in public I find them hard to get on with or vice versa 

Bulldog Blog

Unfortunately there has been a lot of scaremongering in recent times when it comes to blogging. Google said it would crack down on spammy guest posts, then some SEO "experts" declared the end of guest blogging, or prophesied the end of blogging in general.

It's all cobblers as long as you remember it's about quality and relevance. If you have a blog about ice cream, then having someone guest blog about Forex trading is clearly spam. Likewise if your blog is nothing more than a collection of guest blogs of varied subjects, then that looks more like an article directory of yesteryear.

But having occasional on topic and good quality guest posts on your blog are absolutely fine. Problem is finding them. 

Assuming your blog is about bulldogs, then you need to become the go to resource about bulldogs. Invite other bulldog experts to do a post, maybe breeders talking about things to look out for in puppies. Maybe you could invite a vet or expert to write about typical health conditions of the breed. Can you contact any competition winners, past and present. Maybe they could write about the excitement of winning a trophy, or telling owners how to go about showing for themselves.

If its your blog, keep control of the content and direction. Once you have obtained credibility and and popularity, people will naturally approach you and ask if you can publish their posts.

No magic bullet, just hard work reaching out and forging contacts, but use social media to find your target audience and approach them. Worse they can say is no

Hi Steve 

as im not a business but a collection based website I understand that my readers want variety but not to far away from the premise of collecting, if someone wanted a blog guested that was not topic friendly it would be added to the end of my blog with a small bio that way folks can either read or jump over to the galleries etc and not used as a published blog parsay. I've been waiting months for my new website the first designer procrastinated and it wasn't till last October I had the new one up and live. 

Maybe im just being inpatient I mean everything has come good but in its own time organically and as its start of new year things go at a snails pace, As the collection is museum listed as object form I'm trying to reach out to collectors for blogging the idea of asking show winners etc or breeders is a good idea in theory but if you were in the bulldog world you would know it's very political so I stay away from that side and the breeds darker days.

i learned to swerve these topics but as I know others maybe opinionated or want a say I have created a forum for folks that wish to chat actual bulldogs 

The museum have afforded me the luxury of a PA so I may ask her for some practical help in creating more contacts there's many a demographic that could be seen as topical I just lack certain social abilities to get this moving forward myself . 

Bulldog Blog

The museum have afforded me the luxury of a PA so I may ask her for some practical help in creating more contacts there's many a demographic that could be seen as topical I just lack certain social abilities to get this moving forward myself . 

Wahey get you! A PA  I'm jealous!

Sounds like a brainstorm and delegating to the PA is a great idea. Unfortunately matey patience is a key thing, but with help from the museum I'm sure you'll crack it.

Let us know how you get on or if you need any help. 

Steve Richardson

Are you looking for guest posting for your website? If yes, then you have to contact with the website owner by sending email or live chat going there website. Now a days guest posting works best for the website. Within a short time you can get lots of traffic for your website.

Sandremike

Wahey get you! A PA  I'm jealous!

Sounds like a brainstorm and delegating to the PA is a great idea. Unfortunately matey patience is a key thing, but with help from the museum I'm sure you'll crack it.

Let us know how you get on or if you need any help. 

That's kind thank you I've just been asked to blog for a photographer of pets and garden landscapes and my museum links blog is being used by Brighton so your right patience is the key 

please note I would be more active yet I keep forgetting my password and have to retrieve sent reminders to get back on 

Bulldog Blog

keep forgetting my password and have to retrieve sent reminders to get back on 

The trick is to set it to something you won't forget. But don't tell anyone in the security industry otherwise I'll get shouted at and burnt at the stake 

If you use Facebook, you can login via facebook and then you won't need to remember your password at all. Just click the facebook button on the log-in page.

Steve Richardson

This Thread is now closed for comments