Thoughts please

By : Business Owner
Published 27th October 2016 |
Read latest comment - 12th November 2016

Hey guys .

I don't really have anyone to ask so I'm hoping you guys can answer my question

I'm thinking of adding a delivery image to all my products to show when they are available for delivery .. Would this be a good or bad option to add as i still get people moaning that they want a product virtually the next day despite it saying 4 days till delivery ,so am hoping a image would be more eye catching..This is just a quick mock up of what I am hoping to do 

Thanks

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World
Comments

Looks great Andy, although I'm a little confused. Don't you already show images?

Or have you just switched this on?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hi.. Yes I have images ...I'm talking about the van on the right saying dispatched within 2 days etc

I normally put it in red writing at the bottom of description. But it seems bold red is still not seen as my 1 supplier can take up to 14 days to dispatch items,just depends if they have stock of i tor not  .... I would drop them but I sell a huge amount of the whiskey glasses and other products..

I am wondering if maybe I should try and put them next to the facebook twitter links ,just need to figure out how to get it done and implement it on over 1000 products

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Ooops, maybe the van needs to be bigger.... never saw it till you just mentioned it... the product takes your eyes away from it....

Thanks,
Barney

lol ... I didn't want to go to big in-case it takes you away from the product .. I also shrunk the page so it wasn't so big 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I think it's a good idea and I did notice it. It is good to know the delivery time before you go through to checkout. 

Sorry I didn't see it. Unfortunately our expectations now are instant delivery, all your products are in stock, and they will be dispatched the minute I finish the transaction. Unfair for smaller or independent retailers, but customers are fickle people who have Amazon expectations for all websites. 

Just a silly idea, but is there a way you can spin this, make longer delivery times a good thing. "Unlike Amazon, our products are lovingly individually created by local craftsman, which is why they will take 4 days to get to you". Maybe it could even add some perceived provenance to your products.

Angela
My views & opinions are my own

I do do that for a few products but yes maybe I should add something like that to all my products too about delivery times    thanks

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I did see it.  What it says is "dispatched within 2 days" which I would not interpret as delivered within 2 days.  Yes, you may fulfil your promise of dispatch within 2 days but if you are then handing packages over to a third party (Royal Mail, Hermes, UPS, etc) you can only quote their standard delivery times.  

If you want to make a general statement then it's a good suggestion to put a general message explaining that some items may take a little longer, to ensure they reach the customer in excellent condition.  If you took a customer's mobile number as part of ordering experience, why not send them a short text when goods are dispatched. Unfortunately, you may have to resort to putting dispatch (or delivery) information on each of your product pages.

JuliaP

I do have a tab that says about delivery times..

I do send emails once I get the dispatch notice so they do know when it leaves the factory.This may have to wait till next year now as getting really busy at my day job  

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments