Perks of ipad pos system?

By : Business Novice
Published 23rd October 2016 |
Read latest comment - 27th October 2016

I have a neighbor who has a restaurant near our vicinity. I noticed he uses ipads pos system. Is there any perks of running your business on an iPad POS system?

Thanks,
Gail Sims
Comments

We have a similar set up at work ,it just makes life a lot easier and can do more jobs at 1 time..

we not in restaurant trade. But we sell to butchers deli's etc and our pos system is great extension and internet run apps are growing all the time.. I personally don't know all the ins and out of what we can do but am learning all the time 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

You are definitely right because I noticed that there are only few waiters around but they can still provide good service to customers. Anyway, do you know the name of your POS provider? Our neighbor uses Tsys, -who knows you might be using the same provider as well. 

We have a similar set up at work ,it just makes life a lot easier and can do more jobs at 1 time..

we not in restaurant trade. But we sell to butchers deli's etc and our pos system is great extension and internet run apps are growing all the time.. I personally don't know all the ins and out of what we can do but am learning all the time ”

Thanks,
Gail Sims

Wouldn't think so, as we are in a different line ... We're 1 of the largest dealers for the Avery scales with this 1 being the top of the range XT100 ..The company I work for has spent a lot of money building their own accounting software packages to run with these scales , they use the pad to take stock control and orders etc etc..We've also just started installing card readers direct off the scales as well ,not many other scales can do this 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

If you are considering an ipad or tablet app consider the security. The kit is not specifically designed as a POS and therefore security should be a concern. Far better to choose something that is built for purpose such as the Clover Mobile from First Data. This nifty piece of kit resembles a tablet but is purpose built for handling payment/ordering/stock control etc and has a nice ergonomic handle for making it easy to hold - particularly in a busy environment such as a restaurant.

The fact that it is backed by a major acquirer means that the transaction process is fast, secure and reliable. Plus, you get your money directly into your bank account no fuss. Yes, there are processing charges attached to it so it depends on the volume of transactions you are going to do but for the reliability, security and smooth settlement aspect it is a business decision to be considered.

Simon

Secure Card Processing from

This Thread is now closed for comments