EE merges with BT - end of the EE brand?

By : Administrator
Published 5th February 2016 |
Read latest comment - 8th February 2016

After recently changing business phone provider from Vodaphone to EE, just had a letter to let me know EE is now part of BT. Heard rumblings about it before but never really paid any attention.

BT is now firmly back in the mobile phone market after it's short sighted bizarre decision to exit years earlier. Remember BT Cellnet?

So EE coming about after the merger of T Mobile and Orange, does this mean the recent EE brand which has millions pumped in to it is set to disappear?

Although there are the usual new merger customer notifications that everything is the same, blah blah, nothing will change etc, I'd be amazed if EE survives longer than 18 months. I reckon once BT has worked out its strategy and marketing, EE will be absorbed in the BT branding machine, and will simply just become another division of BT. BT mobile? Maybe BT Mobile and Broadband?

So 15 years after being a BT Cellnet customer, it looks like we are set to return, although not by choice

The good news though, at least with EE/BT we can now get a signal in Stratford which is something I never could with vodaphone 

Any other EE customers? Are you bothered worried? Or do you see it as a good thing? Maybe there will be perks or bonus's that will be bundled with your mobile contract?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

For some reason never used EE .. Although do love BT .. So who knows I may leave O2 for them but will need to find out how poor their service is in our area

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Having been a Tmobile then EE now with BT landline and net lets hope theres a few good buisness deals coming our way

Thanks for the comment 

Thanks,
John connelly

This Thread is now closed for comments